Saturday, April 18, 2020

Ann Roberts Sampler - Completed

I finished the Ann Roberts Sampler, a reproduction charted by Hands Across the Sea, in slightly less than 4 months and enjoyed the journey.  The sampler is actually rather amusing and reflects what was probably a rather precocious young girl's stitching.  There are tiny people next to dinosaur-sized sheep, odd motifs in the sky, a huge house situated next to a rather diminutive church.  In between the two larger building is a teeny tiny house; I'm not sure if it is an outhouse, a servants' quarters or a place for when the poor relations come to visit.  Ann also made some minor errors, most notably in her border and in the brick pattern of the large house which I retained.   I made a few errors here and there, but was able to compensate making them relatively invisible.  I also changed some of the colors for improved contrast. All in all, this was a fun stitch.



No comments: