Thursday, January 30, 2020

Cross Stitch and Counted Thread Work

I returned to my first love, doing thread work on linen.  I started doing embroidery as a young child, about 65 years ago, and it still is my most favorite form of textile work.  There is a communion that exists between hands, heart, and brain that is most satisfying.  I've stitched many samplers over the years and have embarked on an incredible stitching journey for 2020 which includes 7 SALs (Stitch-a-longs).  This is a bit OCD, I admit, but I couldn't choose just one.  These SALs are expected to worked over the next 12 months, some have prizes associated with their completion.  Here is my January posting for the WIP (Work in Process) so far.  Being able to switch between these lessens the chance of me getting bored - at least that's what I tell myself.

Ann Roberts Sampler

Witches' Familiars Sampler

Dorothy Walpole Sampler

Burgundy Band Sampler

Modern Folk Embroidery SAL 2020

Linens & Things Mystery Sampler

Seasons Sampler


No comments: