Friday, November 1, 2013

UNDERSTATED


Pictured above is my latest quilt challenge entry for the Rogue Art Quilters Autumn Exhibit.  The challenge is titled "Magical Decorated Doors".  I chose to go with a whimsical theme so that I could incorporate a very funny cartoon of Alice in Wonderland having tea with Dorothy of Oz.  Alice is saying to Dorothy, "Ive seen some weird shit."  I think this is totally hilarious, since we all know where Dorothy recently visited.  

That's why I put my door on a really weird tree with weird colors and weird shapes.  It just seemed to complement the two girls' conversation.  Quilt size is 17" x 14".

The quilt back is pictured below, equally weird.  Such fun.



This quilt will be on exhibit during November and December in Ashland, Oregon at the Family Massage Education Center, 1081 East Main.

No comments: