Monday, November 11, 2013

Hats are the thing!

My niece, Alexis, whom you have seen implanted in a couple of my quilts in earlier posts, gave birth on 9/17/2013 to a set of fraternal twins - Kennedy Ann and Elan John.  Alexis asked me to make some crocheted cloches for Kennedy.

I found this pattern on Etsy at:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/VintageknitNcrochet

This vintage 1920's cloche hat was such fun to make.  The hat is pictured below.  Once I have a photo of Kennedy wearing it, I'll add it to this post.  Meanwhile,  pictures of the twins at 4 weeks old are included.




Update January 2014:  Below is a picture of my great niece, Kennedy, modeling the cloche hat.  She is now 4 months old.  She struck this amazing saucy pose just as I snapped the picture.  She is so totally a siren.
  


No comments: