Tuesday, November 5, 2013

ANTICIPATION

For quite a few years I have been collecting black, white, and red fabrics to make a novelty quilt.  I finally got the incentive to design and complete the project when a local quilt shop asked me to teach more classes ~ and, they had just gotten in a big supply of black and white fabrics.

I designed this modular block quilt to include a number of different quilting techniques so that a student new to quilting could learn many skills in the class.  This quilt incorporates modular block building and assembly, stitch-in-the-ditch, free motion quilting, applique, embellishment, thread painting, and use of machine embroidery stitches.

I named this quilt "Anticipation", not only because of my own anticipation in actually completing the quilt, but because of the different motifs of women on the quilt - women anticipating life and love, and their personal journey to come.


No comments: