Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Valentine's Day is Just Around the Corner



Did you ever notice how the specialty days and holidays all seem to merge together, rather like a string without end. This year I saw Halloween candy, Thanksgiving Pilgrims and Xmas trees all displayed at the same time. There's no time to breathe in between times.

Which brings me to my latest artwork -- Valentine's Day Paper Dolls!! Just when you thought it was safe to grow up and be an adult, a new hobby comes along. I designed these two ladies - one adult known as Lady Valentine and one a young adult known as Little Val (about 60% the size of the larger one) for a local scrapbooking store as a prototype. I will be teaching a class -- perhaps a mother/daughter class as well. And VD is only 7 weeks away. Thus, the earliness of this creation. (click on the pictures for a larger view)

These were lots of fun to make, although I had to keep trimming the adult's heart body near the shoulders as she was really looking like a fullback there for awhile.

No comments: