Sunday, December 17, 2006

Paper Dolls are on their way to new homes




I so enjoyed creating these paper dolls, that I decided to send off some to my 2 sisters, a niece and selected friends as surprise holiday greetings. A total of 16 dolls are headed to new homes and should arrive there next week. Some of these dolls are already pictured on this blog in earlier postings; if you are interested go in search of them. I'll add a few more to this post. (Click on picture for a larger view.)

I had a good time making these dolls and picking out just the right one for each recipient. I hope the recipients enjoy having them as much as I did making them. You never know with this kind of thing -- one person's vision of art is not necessarily anyone else's view.

Due to the density of the doll's decorations, I couldn't risk sending them in a normal or even padded envelope, but had to use small boxes instead. This became an opportunity to use up all those small boxes I'd been saving from Amazon.com book shipments. So each doll left here in her own bed of tissue in a rewrapped Amazon.com book box. If you'd been passing through Grants Pass around 10:00 pm the other evening, you could have seen me lugging 16 of these little boxes into a well-lit, but silent (and empty) post office to use the self-mailing package shipping kiosk. My life is one big adventure after another.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just recieved my "star" doll and just loving it! Thanks Janis for thinking of me. Now I have to start a new hobby....thanks alot love ya April

Anonymous said...

What a surprise to find your package in the mail yesterday! Love my star and she is happily hanging on my refrigerator and checking everthing tha is going on Thanks Lorna

Anonymous said...

I found you through Library Thing. We both have the same doll book. You create beautiful paper dolls. :0)

http://morbidknits.wordpress.com
-Jenn
Morbidknits

Justklutzyjenn on Library Thing

Anonymous said...

I LOVE my "star" doll Janis. Thanks for thinking of me. I have her hanging on the antique cupboard and I can tell she really likes it there. Love, Deb