Thursday, August 23, 2018

The County Fair

It's been several decades since I entered crafted items in the local county fair and I decided to get back to it this year by entering 17 of my finished projects in various categories.  This all happened at the Josephine County Fair held in Grants Pass, Oregon.

I entered items in crochet, knitting, quilting, counted thread work, mixed media and scrapbooking.  I came away with 14 ribbons:  11 First Place ribbons, 2 Second Place ribbons, one Honorable Mention ribbon, and 1 Best in Class ribbon.

3 Small Quilts:  A Day in Carmel, The Mermaid Goddess, and the Koala Fabric Postcard

2 Cloches:  A young girl's Xmas Cloche and a Wee Baby Cloche

2 Counted Thread Items:  Needle Roll and Scissors Case

Crocheted Tassel Scarf

Crocheted Baby Blanket

Knitted triangle scarf with beaded and ruffled edge

Quilted Journal Cover also got Best in Class

Scrapbooked Frame featuring my mother at age 9 months and age 18

A Mosaic Scrapbook page featuring the Heceta Head Lighthouse and other seaworthy photos

A Knitted Lace Shawl

No comments: