Sunday, July 5, 2015

Lavender Fields Forever

I spent the morning of July 4 making a lavender wreath at Lavender Fields Forever, a lavender farm on the Southern Oregon Lavender Trail.   Such fun.

It was a hot, cloudless day; we sat outdoors under a canopy that frequently delivered a very welcome cool water misting as scents from the lavender fields wafted around us.  I wandered through the lavender fields picking the Grosso lavender, while carefully avoiding the bees and yellow jackets that were gorging themselves and getting drunk on the nectar and scent of the lavender spikes.  Once I completed cutting a large basket full of lavender, I spent most of the time forming 40 small bundles of lavender, trimming and affixing them to a metal heart-shaped frame.  The finishing touches include fresh and very fragrant oregano flowers and some dried roses.  

My wreath took about 2 ½  hours to complete.  Smells great!


No comments: