Sunday, May 25, 2014

Mermaid Goddess - Redux

My design of this Mermaid Goddess was originally realized on a quilt block for a Sisters Quilt Show challenge.  The block was won by Charlotte Noll from Florida, who later incorporated it into a truly wonderful full size quilt.  (See my entry on this in July, 2011 & 2012).

I really missed my Mermaid Goddess, and finally got around to making her appear again on a small quilt.  I used this quilt as a sample project for a fusible class I taught earlier this year and she was a hit.  Here, in all her glory, is my goddess.  She's quite elegant I think.

On 6/6/2014 I signed a contract with Quilt Camp at Sea to teach this class on an Australia/New Zealand cruise in February, 2016.  If you are interested in booking this exciting 14-day cruise to join in on the fun, contact Pat Tobin at quiltersalaskancruises@comcast.net for all the details.



My quilt label tells the story and I included a print on fabric of my original quilt block that inspired my quilt.


No comments: