Thursday, July 17, 2008

Watercolor Quilts - a new passion


Watercolor quilts have been around a long time, but I had never gotten around to trying to do one. While on my recent journey to Sisters, OR, I bought this kit for "Fun At the Fair" from Whims (http://www.whims.cc/) and completed the quilt top in just a day and a half. This was great fun to do, arranging the fabric squares by light to dark tones and then using the flip and sew method to create the background. The fair appliques were then added to finish the scene.


This still needs its borders added and then to be quilted. I'm thinking I'll add some bling to it as well with some crystals and paint accents.

1 comment:

Lena said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful art works! They impressed me greatly!
I'm an English Teacher in Russia and I want to tell about your blog on my website.