Thursday, January 10, 2008

Jill - The Bingo Babe




My sister Jill mentioned that while I had indeed made her a paperdoll, I had never made her a paperdoll with HER face on the doll - as I had done for other members of the family. She seemed a bit put out about it, as a matter of fact. So in celebration of her 58th birthday I made her a paperdoll with HER face on it. (This is her when she was around 20 or so -- it's been all downhill since then.)


Since Jill is into Bingo in a big way, but also likes Keno, slots, cards, dice - you name it - I decided she needed to be a Bingo Babe with added pieces representing other gambling disciplines. The pictures above depict the front and rear view of the doll. The Bingo Card is kind of a 'sandwich board dress'. Underneath it on the front is a "Welcome to Vegas" bejeweled sign, and underneath the back there is a slot machine. On the back of the Bingo sandwich board you will note the Chapel with the number "5" on the steeple - this number being significant to Jill - you'll have to ask her! Also note her quart-size bingo dauber hanging from her hand -- I didn't want her to run out!


My goal was to make this Babe the gaudiest of the gaudiest with a headress to rival Beach Blanket Babylon. I think I succeeded. Go forth and win big, you Bingo Babe, you. Oh, and Happy Birthday sis! (As always, click on the pictures for a close-up viewing.)

No comments: