Saturday, February 24, 2007

Photoshop Elements - Photos to fool you





I just finished up a 4-week class in Photoshop Elements and learned how to do some fun things with photos. I start Photoshop Elements II (another 4 weeks) next Monday and am looking forward to learning other techniques.






I've included a set of pictures which I modified using Photoshop to exhibit some of its capablities. I had a small 1/2 inch square negative of my late mother in a picture with my sister, Jody and her daughter Alexis that was taken around 1986. I had a local photographer create a JPG file for me from the negative. Then I took this really junky JPG file (top photo) and cleaned it up, took out some junk in the picture - like lamps that look like they are coming out of their heads), added a bush on the left to cover up some unsightly stuff and generally improved skin tones, removed moles & blemishes, etc. (middle photo). Then I decided to just move the people to another location. So the last photo is of these 3 ladies (circa 1986) standing in front of Pittock Mansion in Portland, OR (a photo taken 20 years later in 2006), where none of the 3 ladies have ever been (bottom photo). I just love technology. (Remember to click on the photos to see a really big view of them.)



No comments: