Friday, November 10, 2006

Revisiting Childhood with Better Stuff



I've begun making Paper Dolls. These are unlike any paper dolls I had when I was young, but I remember loving to cut them out and imagining their lives and adventures. Now, much later in life, I've come full circle and am working on paper dolls once again. Only this time I'm doing it with much better stuff.


I just finished "Star"; see her picture above (double-click on the picture to get a bigger view). She's decorated with exotic fibers, charms, sequins, beads, buttons and bells.
This doll is from a pattern by Carol Murphy, who teaches online classes at Joggles.com


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Janis! I love to see pictures of the creations my students make. I love the colors you chose on your dolls- really beautiful!